Sunday, August 23

Chocolate Chip Cookies by Nat's friend

2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp soda

Mix, set aside

1 C butter
3/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C white sugar
2 eggs
cream, but not too much (That's what she wrote, go with it!)

Add 1 packet instant vanilla pudding powder mix (she didn't say, so I went with the small or half the big)
2 tsp vanilla

Mix a bit
Add dry stuff and chocolate chips (I have noticed that mini-chips are the best in these)

Bake 350 for at least 8 minutes, then watch carefully. She says to take them out when they barely start to turn brown, then leave on the cookie sheet another 4-6 minutes. I thought they were too flimsy (Not enough flour?), so I left them a little longer in the oven and less time on the sheet.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

So I made these last night, and the recipe is almost exactly the same as mine. The only difference is mine calls for 2 T cornstarch and 1/4 cup less flour. I usually add a couple tablespoons of milk to them and increase the flour by a bit, so it's essentially the same except for the cornstarch. They tasted really good (I had to bake them for 11 mins. before they turned brown), and they tasted a little different than mine, but I couldn't even articulate what that difference is. It makes me wonder what cornstarch is supposed to do in it. Man, I wish I had a food science degree... I love chocolate chip cookies. And they make a great breakfast.

Lauren said...

Ok, so I did some research (not sure how accurate it is since it was mainly discussion boards), but they said cornstarch makes cookies more tender, and if you add it to flour, and reduce the flour by that much, it essentially creates cake flour. This recipe was a little chewier, but I kinda like that sometimes. Good to know.

Teacher Extraordinaire said...

I thought they tasted different from yours, too. I think they are uber-tender, which I loved.