Saturday, November 1

Spicy Chocolate Pumpkin Bars from Katie


2 C Flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves (I omitted because I didn't have any, and I don't like cloves that much, and it was fine)
1/4 tsp salt
1 C butter
1 1/4 C sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 C pumpkin
1 1/2 C chocolate chips...or round up :)

Preheat to 325. Grease 9x13 inch pan. Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg, beating just until combined. Beat in pumpkin, followed by dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake until the edges start to pull away and/or toothpick test in center. 35-40 minutes. I halfed the recipe to try it out, and that worked well, though it didn't take as long to cook. The picture shows that they sprinkled the dough with sugar and baked it.

These were MORE than fantastic. I served them warm, though they were still good the next day. But warm is best. With milk. I got this new cookbook -- more tries to come!

No comments: